Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Exhaustion

I'm so tired.  I have not slept in a week.  I have trouble falling asleep and then wake up a million times to pee and can't fall asleep when I get back in bed.  Scotty has been snoring which makes me so mad, even though I know he can't help it.  It's terrible.

Korie and Dallas came over to play tonight.  It was nice to not have to try and entertain Kenzie all night by myself.  I'm so tired and I know my fuse is short with her.  Good thing she has been a sweet girl this week. (Knock on wood)  We finished up a few projects for Madison's room and fed the kiddos dinner and then it was bath time for Kenzie after they left.  Since it's been so cold and she's getting over a little cold, I decided to blow dry her hair tonight so she didn't go to bed with wet hair.  She thought she was something sitting up there getting her hair done.

She sat real still and kept smiling at herself in the mirror.  Love her to pieces.  Yesterday we played with her babies all night.  She likes to take all their clothes off.  We have not one baby left in the house with clothes on.  It's so weird.

Monday night I was so tired that I laid on the couch all night.  I tried anything to keep her occupied that didn't involve me having to get up.  I kept doing "This little piggy" to her toes and she was cracking up.  She jumped down and started doing mine.  (Ignore the ugly foot)


She is so sweet.  She has been really good for me in the afternoons and getting ready for bed.  I have been trying to be better at our routine of brushing teeth, reading a book, prayers and then bed. She still is not a fan of brushing her teeth.  Last night Scotty was home and was playing with her while I hung up some stuff in Madi's room.  Kenzie told him it was his turn to brush her teeth but then was not cooperating at all.  I went in there to take over and she was pissed.  She did her big cry and then held her breath.  I just stared at her and didn't react.  I told her when she was finished we were still going to brush her teeth.  She still didn't let her air out, so I gave her a little puff of air in her face and she finally let it out.  I asked if she was ready to finish and she calmly said "yes mama".  Little rat.  I don't know if it would have escalated into her passing out or not, but maybe staying calm like that and not showing a reaction to her makes her not let it get to that point--who knows.  

She has also started saying "Whoa nelly".  I say this all the time.  I guess she finally has picked up on it and it is so cute.  I also have heard her saying "No way".  It's so cute.  She cracks up after she says it.  She is so cute.  

No comments:

Post a Comment