Friday, January 24, 2014

Soaking in the last few days

12 days, 19 hours, 27 minutes and 50 seconds until we meet our sweet baby girl.  (But who's counting) If  I make it that long, that is!  While I am so excited to meet my baby girl, I am also so nervous too.  We have such a good routine now--sleeping, getting ready for work/school, playing, being able to go out, that I don't know how much adding another little one is going to rock our world.  I worry how Kenzie will take to not being the only kiddo anymore.  I am glad that she is still so little and I hope that will help in the fact that maybe she won't totally understand.  She's been my whole world for the past 2 1/2 years, how can I ever "split" my love and time with someone else.  I KNOW that I will, and that I can, and that I already love Madison so much, but it just seems impossible to love someone else as much as I do Makenzie.  

I am soaking in every moment that I have in the last few days with my little family of 3.  We are staying up late, giving extra hugs and kisses, I may/or may not be letting her get away with more than I normally would, and telling her how much she means to me.  I have been trying to explain to her that we are bringing home a new baby soon that will be her little sister and she already loves her so much.  I know she has no idea what that means, but she's really cute when she nods her little head yes.  Every night after her bedtime story she sits up and says "I kiss Mani" (she calls her Ma-ni) and will kiss my tummy a million times.  It's really cute, even though I know she is stalling bed time.  I set up Madison's pack n play at the end of our bed and every time Makenzie walks by it she says "that's Mani's bed".  It must be weird for her to see all this baby stuff and hear us talking about Madison all the time, but not actually seeing her!  I'm going to try my hardest to let her do as much as she can to help me with the baby.  I'm going to keep my OCD under control and let her play with the baby's things and let her kiss her head and give her a pacifier all that she wants.  I want her to love Madison and not feel discouraged by her if I'm always saying "no" to her when it comes to Madison.  She is going to do great and be the best big sister ever.  She loves her baby dolls so much and is actually really good with them, after she strips them all down naked--I swear we have no dolls with their clothes still on them.  

I also wanted to document some more sweet things she has been doing lately.  Scotty gets her out of bed and brings her to our room in the morning to get her ready while I'm getting ready.  Every morning I ask her if she slept good and if she dreamed of mommy.  For the past week or so, she will run up to me in the mornings and give me a big hug and say "I dream of Mommy".  I absolutely love it.  She is so proud of herself when she says it.   When we get to school she always has to kiss her blanket and whichever baby she brings with her and tell them "see you after school".  It's so cute.  She is the sweetest girl ever and I love seeing all the new things she picks up on and does.  

No comments:

Post a Comment