Thursday, January 2, 2014

Resolutions

I am so excited, and nervous, about 2014!  Expecting a new baby and having a 2 1/2 year old could make a stressful year--but we are going into it so excited and positive.  I have thought of some resolutions for myself and my family!

1) Be more patient.  I feel like I lose patience very quickly!  Mostly with Kenzie, or even Scotty!  I know I can do things easier and faster by myself rather than waiting for someone to do it or help! But I am going to ease up and be more patient and appreciate the fact that she is only 2 and is learning and she does so by "helping".

2) Be a better mother, wife and friend.  There is always room for improvement in all those areas, including daughter, sister, employee, ect.  I want to put more effort into my relationships and be a more active participant!  I am so lucky to have the best friends, family and job that a girl could ask for and I want everyone else to feel the same way about me!  

3). Save more money and invest in our future.  We are lucky enough to have a roof over our head and warm food in our tummys, when I cook, and still be able to spend a little on ourselves and eat out frequently!  I want us to be more frugal and money conscience!  It is important to start investing in our future and our childrens college education!  I would like to not put my paycheck in our bank and have that money to distribute between savings, investment, and college!

4) Make healthier choices.  As a family we need to make better food choices and be more active!  My goal is to cook more healthy dinners and have leftovers for lunch! This would cut down on eating fast food junk.  We need to have healthier snacks and teach our daughters to make healthier food choices.  I would like to take a walk everynight with the girls, or anything that gets us active together as a family!

5). Slow down.  I feel like I rush through everything in life! I rush in the mornings, rush to work, rush through my work day, rush to get Kenzie and always busy when I'm home!  I want to slow down and appreciate the little things during the day! I want to cherish every second I have with my husband and kids!  There will be more time for cleaning and other things, but I want to sit back and soak up every smile, every giggle, every hug and kiss--EVERY SINGLE THING my girls do!

No comments:

Post a Comment