Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Iced in

We got iced in again today.  It sleeted all day yesterday and all night, so schools and daycare were closed today!  Scotty still had to go to work, but us girls hung out in our jammie's all day!!  I was nervous about having both girls alone today, but Kenzie was AWESOME!  She was my little helper all day!! She didn't have one tantrum or meltdown, I didn't have to count to 3 one time and no time outs!!  I tried really hard to give her extra one on one attention and play with her more today!! I think she acts out because she gets attention and with me playing with her more today she got the attention that she wanted!!

We started out by doing a little cooking....
And then we colored....
And then I thought we were going to sink when I needed to feed Madison lunch and she said she was hungry too!  Instead I told her I had a special job for her...
This lasted just long enough for me to make her some lunch, but she did a great job and both girls were content!!  After lunch they both laid down and took naps!! Kenzie only slept about an hour (but was laying down quietly for about an hour before she fell asleep) and Madison slept for about 3 and a half hours in her pack n play!  I was able to order birth announcements and make some phone calls that I needed to do!!

After naps Kenzie watched some cartoons and then Koko and Dallas came by to visit!  They had been on a cruise all week and we missed them!! We visited and ate dinner and the kiddos played!!
Poor Madison--Kenzie is always shoving the paci in her mouth!! She puts her finger in the hole and just pushes it in her mouth until she is forced to take it!!  She's always trying to "help" me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment