Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend wrap up

Saturday morning we woke up and laid around and watched cartoons with daddy before he went to work!!!
Madi did some tummy time--not a fan!
She flipped over twice onto her back!!!  By this age with Kenzie we could only get her to sleep on her tummy and she loved it!!  This girl has me wrapped around her finger already and she knows it!  Not long after Scotty left for work I got a text from Bebe saying their was a huge blimp by our house and to take Kenzie outside to see it!  I grabbed Kenzie and we ran outside to see Bebe on our porch!!  Kenzie was SOOO excited and ran into her arms!  I'm suprised I actually went outside--normally I would have ignored that type of text--lol.   We played outside for a long time and I got to jump with Kenzie for the first time!
It was so much fun!  I can't wait to get out there and bust out my old cheerleading jumps!!!  I moved the swing set over to the trampoline so Kenzie could get on and off by herself!
We'll see if that proves to be a mistake or not, but now it is so nice to not have to get her on and off 50 times!!! Kenzie was not in a good mood when we came it all!  She was mean and wouldn't listen and she pulled moms hair and wouldn't let go so Bebe finally pulled it back!  She was saying "no Bebe don't pull Kenzie's hair" but she wouldn't let go still! 
I was cracking up! And then I had to get on to her! Bebe braided Kenzie's hair and it looked so cute!
We came in for nap and then headed to lunch at Chilis and then target to get a few things we needed!!! 
I have never laughed so hard as I did at lunch!  Kenzie was in rare form and drove my mom crazy!  She normally sits beside me in the booth but I got to witness her shenanigans from across the table this time--plus I finally got to enjoy a nice cold beer too!!  Bebe left from there to go home and we headed home! I gave Kenzie a bath and blow dried her hair while Madi was sleeping.
When she went to bed I gave Madi a bath! She loves it!!! Lays back and kicks a foot over the side!
Sunday we slept in and stayed in our jammie's all bundled up while it snowed and sleeted all day!  It was freezing!  
I got out some of Madi's floor toys and the girls played for a little while!  Kenzie likes them more than Madi does right now!! I'm trying really hard to get this baby to sleep by herself and not in my bed, so I laid her on her tummy for nap time!
I thought it was going to be a success but this last a whole 4 minutes!  What the heck!  Kenzie went down for a nap and Scotty and I attacked the house and cleaned up!  His friend Daniel came by to pick up Kirby and take him to Austin to his new home!  I cried the rest of the afternoon!  My heart is broken and even though I know this is the best decision for our family and for him I am still so sad and miss him like crazy!! 

Our bedroom is the coldest, or hottest depending on the season, room in our house! I think it's our windows not being sealed correctly!  We stuffed towels around the window sills and brought in a replacement firebox that was sent for our living room fireplace that we never switched out!
We cranked up the heat and closed the door and it was nice and toasty for bedtime!  Normally we don't mind it cold in there, but since we have a baby in the room we were worried!!

I got pretty good sleep last night! I slept from about 11-1:30 and then 2-6:30 and then 7-8....not bad, I'll take that!  The only problem is that the little one was snuggled up next to me the whole time!  I have to rock her to sleep, which I don't mind, but the minute I lay her in the pack n play she is wide awake crying!!  When I put her in my bed she is out in a second!!  I love snuggling her but I worry we are making a habit that will be very hard to break!! Not to mention she doesn't let me put her down during the day because she is getting used to me holding her all night!!  Sweet girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment