Thursday, January 22, 2015

A day of painting

Today Korie and I painted my dear friend Laura's kids room.  We painted her 3 year old, Bella, and her sweet new baby, Nicholas' rooms.  I got her key from her sister and busted in early this morning when she left to go visit Nicholas in the hospital.  This sweet boy has touched my heart in a way I didn't know was possible, and I've never even met the sweet baby.  He is the sweetest, most precious baby and is such a warrior already.  

I tear up anytime I think of him and what his family is going through.  He has never left the hospital and has endured more surgeries and procedures in his short life than most people will in their whole life.  As a mommy, I can not imagine not bringing my baby home yet and not being able to snuggle and kiss all over him in all the sweet newborn places.  My heart breaks for them.  I wanted to paint the kids room and take one thing off of their already full plate.  I asked Korie to help me and of course she immediately said yes. 

 We finished Bella's room completely.  I got there and rolled the whole room and when Korie got there she did all the trim and the ceiling.  It is a pretty pink with glitter and a bright white ceiling.  Next we started on Nicholas' room.  Laura had mentioned she wanted navy and white stripes behind the crib so that's what we did.  It took us awhile to get started and it proved to be very time consuming.  I got the taping done and painted the blue while Korie again did the trim and ceiling.  We ran out of time and will have to come back tomorrow to put the finishing touches on his room.  Laura sent me a picture of Bella walking into her room and her reaction brought tears to my eyes and made the blisters on my hands and all the paint that I'm covered in totally worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment