Friday, January 23, 2015

Painting complete

We spent the day again at Laura's house finishing up painting Nicholas' room.  We got it all finished and it looks so good.  We had all 3 kids with us today which slowed us waaaayyy down.  I left to get us lunch, we had to referee fights, Madison cried anytime I got up or even thought about walking away.  At the very end, I was trying to put together Nicholas' crib so I could get the bedding on it.  Madison picked up a screw and put it in her mouth (like a medium size screw--enough to fill up her whole mouth) and I couldn't get it out of her mouth with my finger.  I leaned forward to turn her over and pat her to try and get it to fall out and the headboard of the crib fell forward and smacked me on the back of the head.  It made me "drop" Madi a little and I was terrified maybe she took a big breath in and would choke but I saw the screw fall out.  I immediately started crying with relief, then the pain set in from the crib falling on my head and I cried from that and then out of pure exhaustion.  Of course Laura showed up in the middle of my meltdown.  I was so scared for Madi that I didn't even feel the pain on the back of my head until later.  I have a huge knot and a headache.  But.....the room looks really good.


.
I unpacked all the boxes and put everything away in there and it looks so good.  I can't wait to see it with the crib and the bedding.  I had some pictures printed and put in frames and set around the house.  I loved walking around and seeing that sweet baby.

I am so glad we got to do this for them and seeing how happy Laura was made it all worth it.  The kids did pretty good for being there all day.  Dallas wanted Madi to come play with him in the playroom so he took her puffs and made a trail for her to follow him.
OMG I laughed so hard.  He was so proud of himself, and it worked she ate her way to the playroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment