Saturday, September 21, 2013

Bugs, football, and dinner

Whew, it's been a long day!!  We woke up super early to meet Bebe and Papa for breakfast! I had just turned onto our street to leave when I saw a GRASSHOPPER on my windshield, on the INSIDE! I wanted to die! I stopped the car and rolled all the windows down and opened all the doors(even the trunk) and got out with my umbrella! I swung at him like I had a baseball bat and knocked him on the dash, swung again and got him on my seat so I ran around to the other side and knocked him again--only this time he fell between the seat, MY seat, and the console! I kept pacing around the car and moving the seat forward and back and crouching down to see under te seat! I'm sure my neighbors thought I was crazy, and Kenzie, who is still strapped in her carseat because she doesn't know how scary grasshoppers are, is yelling "you ok mama?" over and over! I couldn't find that dang thing anywhere and was forced to continue on! It was awful! 
See him above my rear view mirror??

After breakfast Bebe, me and Kenzie did some shopping, and then dropped her off at her house so we could come home and nap before we went to Arielle's football game!
Koko came by and picked us up and we headed to watch Arielle cheer! They are so cute and did really good! Kenzie never did have a nap so I was worried how she would do but she did great! Kenzie and Dallas were adorable and held hands and walked together!
They ran up and down the bleachers and played with a megaphone! They did really good!
After the game we went and got ice cream! I warned korie that she couldn't eat ice cream in a cup with a spoon and that it would go everywhere, so I got her a shake instead so she could drink it!  

I turned around to find this....
OMG! She had decided to use her straw as a spoon! Each time she pulled her straw out if flicked on the window and all over her carseat! It was all over her face and all down her clothes and in puddles in her pants! She was so proud of herself though!!
After the game we came home and Kenzie napped and I got ready for dinner!  We headed to Gloria's to celebrate our friend Sam's birthday!
It was a very long dinner and we didn't get home until super late and Kenzie was worn down!  She was up and down and kept wanting her Koko! It was a lot of work keeping her entertained!

She ate a whole lemon and then decided she didn't like it--at all!!

I'm beat and going to bed! We have a long and exciting day tomorrow too!!! I can't wait to find out what we are having tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment