Sunday, September 15, 2013

Crafts, Garage Sales and Birthday Party

We have had a couple busy days around here.  Thursday, we went to Makenzie's friend Brynlee's house to make fall wreaths for our doors.  Angela, her mommy, is really good at making them and helped me out!!
I added some picks and pumpkins to it too but I forgot to take a picture.  I'll post a picture of it on my door!!  Kenzie played with Brynlee while we crafted and when I checked on her, I found this...
I guess she's ready for her baby to come!
Friday after work I took Makenzie to Bebe and Papa's house to spend the night.  We had a garage sale at their house Saturday morning and this way she wouldn't have to wake up early and drive over there with me, she could sleep in her crib there while we set up.  I came back and got ready for a date with my hubby.  We went out to eat and our crazy wild night ended by 9pm and I was in bed by 10 asleep.  We're so crazy, huh?  It was nice to have adult conversation and not have a high chair at the table and a wild toddler to deal with.
Saturday morning I woke up super early and headed to mom's house to set up for the garage sale.  I took over a huge pile of stuff to sell.
My garage seems so much cleaner with all of that gone.  And easier to park into now too (I would pull my car up into this and always ended up tapping it with the front of my car and couldn't open the passenger side door due to all the "crap").  The garage sale was great.  I made about $300 which was my goal.  I'm going to use that money as the down payment on her tonsil surgery next month.  Kenzie was really good and played and behaved the whole time.  We found interesting things to do to keep her entertained.




We packed everything that was left about 12:30 and took it all to GoodWill.  Kenzie laid down for a nap and then we headed home.  We got stuck in traffic on the way home and sat on the highway for an hour.  It was awful--have I mentioned on here how much Makenzie hates the car??  It took us about an hour and a half to get home.  Kenzie and I got ready and then met Jessica and her baby Harper at Olive Garden for dinner.  It was nice to visit.  Scotty went out with some friends to watch a fight that was on TV and didn't get home until late. 
Sunday was my sweet niece's birthday party.  We headed over there with her 3 friends and surprised them at Sweet and Sassy.  They were so excited.  They got their hair and nails done and then rode in a limo.
They were so much fun.  They all cried in the limo.  Happy tears.  They kept saying this was the best birthday party ever! It was so sweet!!
Afterwards, we went back to Korie's house and hung out.  They got an adorable new puppy that Kenzie just loves.  She kept saying "hi puppy" and loving on him.  It was so sweet!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment