Monday, September 2, 2013

Long weekend

I love a long weekend!  It means more time with my family and then a shorter work week to follow!!  We started it off by going to a football game to watch Shannon's niece cheer for varsity!!  It was super hot but fun!! Her niece is adorable and it made me miss my high school cheering days!!
She is cheering in this picture! She would wave her arms and say "go team"
We went to Raising Canes afterwards to eat! It was so yummy! We are getting one in Rockwall and I am so excited now!!

Saturday, we were supposed to have our first Saturday gymnastics class, but we were too tired! We didn't get to bed until after 11:30 the night before and slept until after when we would need to leave!! Oops!  We went to Laura's house and she did my hair! I love getting my roots done! Makes me feel so much better about my hair!!  The girls played! It took awhile--almost 5 hours--no naps, they did great! I love seeing them play together, and Bella just started coming to Makenzie's school on Fridays!
She got her first Starbucks too on the way...
Just milk!!!  She thought she was something!!  We went and visited with Bebe and papa afterwards!  Bebe and Makenzie decided that her official name is going to be Bebe!  I kinda already knew that, but they made it official!!!

Sunday, we woke up and spent the rest of the morning being lazy dozing off and on! It was ridiculous, lazy, and boring!  Finally we decided to get up and get out of the house!! We went and had lunch and then did a little shopping. I got the cutest picture for her room and then we went and got some ice cream!  Shannon met us at the house and then Korie and Sue came by and us girls left and went thrift store shopping!!  

Today, Bebe came over and brought Ike with her! We are babysitting him while Bebe and papa go on vacation this week!  We spent the day shopping at grapevine mills mall! We had so much fun and Kenzie did great!  Kenzie kept asking Bebe to ride a train that went around the mall, over and over--until she saw the carrousel! 

This girl loves a carrousel!!  She kept saying "thank you Bebe, luv you". It was so sweet!  When we got home and Bebe left (and I tried to control the circus that was a 2 year old, a half blind 8 pound dog and a huge 80 pound dog that ran circles around each other) I went into major cleaning mode!  I purged her closet and got all her summer clothes that she won't need anymore and moved things around! I hung up her new picture and moved her bow holders!  Her room is really starting to come together!
I love her new picture!!  I still have a lot to do, but I just love it already!!! By the end of the day, the 2 dogs and Makenzie were able to be in the same room!  Kirby stays on the couch and Makenzie steers clear of Ike!  I can just imagine how big and scary he looks to her! He's bigger than her!
It was a wonderful day--a wonderful weekend!!

Just a random thing--Kenzie is attached to these reindeer house shoes I got her at the last consignment sale! She wears them everywhere!
It's so funny!!!

I also started cleaning out the babies closet! It is jam packed of all my craft stuff! I moved my big bins into the laundry room, which also made me have to clean the laundry room!!
I need to organize it all but at least half of the closet is emptied.

Don't be fooled--the other half is piled from the ceiling to the floor of--crap! We have a garage sale planned in 2 weeks and I have tons to put in it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment