Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Dog days

I was finally able to get these two to stand still and together long enough to get a picture.  Of course Makenzie had to wear her reindeer slippers....picking my battles!!  Makenzie is starting to come around with Ike and not running from him when he looks at her.
 
Kirby has his diabetes check today, so we picked him up after work.  His sugars are better than the first visit but not where he wants them.  We now upped him to 4 units of insulin twice a day.  He gained some weight and is at 9 pounds 4 ounces now compared to the 8 pounds 10 ounces 2 weeks ago.  His Dr. is going to let us go 2 weeks this time in between check ups.  I think we are on the mend, just not fun doing the whole insulin thing.  It's not hard and it doesn't hurt him, just time consuming and remembering not to make plans after work because I have to be home to make him eat to give him his shot.  He's worth it though!!
This is my sweet boy when he was a baby!!  He is such a sweet dog and I just love him so much!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment