Wednesday, October 2, 2013

JBF and the State Fair

Today was the big day!  Just between friends sale!!  Korie and I met Shannon and Presley there and shopped our hearts out.  I didn't find as much as I wanted to for Kenzie but still got some great stuff! (Those 2 were still there at 8pm.....we got there at 2pm....wowsers)
Scotty and Kenzie picked me up early and we headed to the fair!  We have said every year that we've been together that we will go to the fair and never have, so I was so excited to go!!  Kenzie was so good and had a blast! The weather was nice and breezy--it was perfect!  The first thing we did was go to the petting zoo! Makenzie loved it! She got a little cup of food and would throw one tiny piece of food each time! We would secretly reach in and throw some or else we would have been there all night!
After that we got corny dogs and lemonade and sat at a table!
Her first state fair corny dog!!
We walked around for awhile and waited for it to get dark so she could see all the lights on the midway! We saw the new Big Tex, which she loved and kept saying "hi man" to over and over again!
She played a few games and won a prize!
She got cotton candy ...
And then Scotty and I played a water shooting race game, which of course I won! I got a big prize and let Kenzie pick! (I may have influenced her choice a little but I didn't want to come home with a giant spongebob or hello kitty)
Kenzie and I rode a flying elephant ride! She picked the pa-pool one! Poor elephant didn't know the load he was about to fly!
There was a bar inside that let us control if we went up or down and she mostly wanted to stay up! She's a daredevil!  
She had a blast and was so excited the whole way home!!!  Scotty and I would like to come back on our own and be able to take our time and really explore!!   I'm so glad we went and that we could experience it together as a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment