Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Locked up and carving pumpkins

Our morning started out a little hectic.  Kenzie cried all morning and didn't want Scotty to do anything for her, she only wanted to hold Mommy.  She just stood in front of us and cried so I made her go to her room and when she came out I explained why we don't cry like that and that she is a big girl and it's not acceptable and that we love her, blah blah blah.  She rubbed my arm and said she was sorry and I asked her to go tell daddy she was sorry and she said no!  I TOLD her to and she slowly walked over and rubbed his arm real fast and flipped her head around to walk off.  I said "no ma'am, tell daddy you're sorry", so she walked back and said "sowwy" and flipped around again and stomped off.  Both of us laughed.  We are going to be in so much trouble with her as a teenager.   I asked her if she was mad at her daddy and she said yes!!

She was fine once we got in the car, away from daddy, and I wanted to get a picture of her in her cute ghost outfit because I knew it would come home a mess since it was white....

And sure enough, this is what it looked like when I picked her up! 

Kenzie was playing in my room and I heard her shut the door and had just said "you better not mess with the lock" when I heard her start crying for me.  Sure enough, she had locked herself in my bedroom.  The light was off and she was crying hysterically.  I ran and grabbed some screw drivers but couldn't get it opened, so I sat down and held her fingers under the door.  Korie had my key because our kids keep taking turns locking random doors in our houses and Dallas had done it last.  Luckily she was home and ran down and we were able to open the door and get her out.
I was so scared.  I may or may not have panicked and cried a little.  She sounded so helpless in there and I knew it was dark in there.  The key is now safely stored in the hall closet (I had been keeping it in my nightstand which would have been locked in there with her) so we can open any door in the house.  The kids played for a little while and were so funny.  It was more like wrestling.  Kenzie would crawl on top of Dallas and then they would kiss and roll around.  It was really cute, so what if they're kissing cousins! LOL

After dinner, Kenzie and I carved a pumpkin.  She wasn't so sure of it at first but then dug right in.



She was very proud of herself and loves her pumpkin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment