Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A day of crying

This sums up my night and day.  I should have known last night when she wouldn't go to sleep something was up.  She cried all night so I brought her to the doctor this morning.  Poor girls has a double ear infection.  She grabs her head on both sides and just screams.  Breaks my heart.  She was very fussy all day.  She doesn't want to drink her bottles and mostly wants to be snuggled with me. We came home and took naps.  I snuggled in Kenzie's bed with her and got an hour nap in.  Didn't fully make up for my sleepless night.  When we got up I thought I would play preschool teacher with Kenzie.  I'm going to try and do a different letter everyday and do an activity with that letter.  Today was spur of the moment but I'm hoping I can find worksheets to print.

She did really good.  I drew some pictures and labeled them and had her circle all the A's and she nailed it.  She even called out some of the other letters too.  She amazes me everyday at what she knows.  Madi took another short nap so Kenzie and I went outside to go through our Christmas decorations so we could finish the tree.
She found a Santa Clause and they were inseparable the rest of the day.  He is even sleeping with her as we speak.  I got out the ornaments and Kenzie went to town.  The bottom half of my tree looked amazing.

Madi and I supervised from the couch.  Kenzie would say every ornament was cute before putting it on the tree.  And every other one was her "faborite" one.  It was so cute to watch.
After the girls went to bed I reorganized the ornaments a bit.  I could foresee a disaster with all of them down low and a very nosy baby crawling around.

Nick was able to watch the tree trimming today too.  Kenzie found him sitting on Santa's shoulder on the fireplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment