Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014

Happy New Years Eve!!!  This year has just flown by.  So many changes for our family this year and I can't wait to see what 2015 will bring.

I did some serious cleaning today.  The kids alternated their naps which isn't my favorite thing.  While Madi took her morning nap Kenzie and I went in the garage to straiten up the Christmas stuff.  I decided to go ahead and put the totes that were packed up back up in the attic.  I must have gone up and down the ladder about 20 times and my quads are feeling it tonight.  I forgot how much I love that feeling.  I have got to start working out again.  I love feeling sore and knowing that you worked your muscles.  I fixed Kenzie lunch and told her good job when she took a big bite and she nonchalantly said "I have my moments".  I died laughing.  Where does she come up with this stuff.  The girls and I played in the playroom and I put together Kenzie's little wagon she got for Christmas.

Kenzie insisted on pulling around her real life baby doll.  Poor Madi just goes along with whatever her sister does to her.  This kept them entertained for awhile.  While Kenzie took her nap, Madi and I played for a little bit.

 She is always smiling.  Love that toothy grin.  I hung up some stuff around the house and played around with some picture frames and where I wanted to hang them.  I went into the living room to find Madi and saw her sucking down Kenzie's sippy cup.
Thank goodness it was just water.  New rule is no cups in the living room or anywhere Madi can reach.  Stinker is learning new things to do everyday!!  I made a delicious chicken enchilada soup and we had a nice family dinner.  This is rare so we all enjoyed it!!  The rest of the evening was spent hanging out in the living room watching the New Years countdown.
I laid Madi down around 8, so we snuck out into the garage and let Kenzie do a few sparklers.

Madi didn't sleep long and was back up around 8:45.  We all played in the living room until Scotty bailed about 10:30 to go to sleep.  The girls and I went into the playroom and played store with her new cash register.  I had her giggling so hard and I just love that.  I could listen to her sweet giggle all day!  The girls lasted until about 11:15 and no it's just me up ringing in the New Year.  I have so much to be thankful for this year.  Welcoming our new baby into our lives, selling our house and moving into our new house and quiting my job to stay home are just a few.  I love my family so much and cannot wait to make new memories in 2015.
Happy New Years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment