Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Playdate and slumber party

My good friend Laura was scheduled to have her baby boy today.  Unfortunately he is very sick.  His heart has many malformations and will have a long battle to fight.  Bella came to spend the day with us so she didn't have to worry about her.  The girls played hard all day.  They dressed up, had a tea party, played games, ran around wild and destroyed the house--but they had fun!



I got to see a different side of Makenzie playing with her friend all day.  She is so sweet and says the funniest things.  She is also bossy and mean.  A few times Bella would take a toy from Madison and her big sister wasn't having that.  She would come and take it back from her and tell her "don't take that from my sister".  After I stifled a laugh I explained that she needed to be nicer, but how sweet!!!  All in all it was a fun day.  I got her ready to head home and Laura called and said a procedure did not go well and Nicholas was having open heart surgery.  Bella stayed the night with us and Kenzie got to have her first sleepover.  They did great!!!  Madi and I got to hang out all day together.  She tried to keep up with the big girls all day, but she prefers to cuddle me anyways.

 I was also able to put the final touches on the tree and mantle.  I love how it turned out and it looks so cozy!

I got word late that baby Nicholas pulled through surgery and is stable but the next 24-48 hours will be critical!!  Saying prayers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment