Monday, December 1, 2014

Day 1 to stay home

My internal alarm clock went off at 5:45 this morning thinking I needed to get up and go to work.  I guess it didn't get the memo that we get to sleep in now.  The girls and I got up around 8 and started our day.  Nick had a tea party last night with Kenzie's baby and she was upset she wasn't invited.  She kept saying, "I didn't know we were having a tea party Nick.  You have to tell me".
We had breakfast, showers and made our beds.  I don't want to get lazy and stay in our jammies everyday.  Somedays we will, but I want us to get up and have a "real" day.  We went to the library and met Koko and Dallas.  They have storytime and crafts for toddlers.  They enjoyed it and then we checked out a few books to read.


We had some lunch and then went to Hobby Lobby to do some shopping.  I could go crazy there with all their Christmas decor.  The big kids went a little wild and it was hard to focus on anything but we made it.
Korie and Dallas came back over and while the kids played, Korie helped me get my tree decorated.  I absolutely LOVE it.  It is completely different than I have ever had it.  We put deco mesh down the sides and added a crazy topper.  I put deco mesh on a huge wreath that I already had and hung that up.
I'm pretty sure the kids took every toy and threw it all over the playroom.  It was crazy but they had fun.  I walked in and saw them in the toybox and they said they were in the bath.....duh!
They are a mess.  Madison is not drinking her bottles too well again.  I'm thinking it's her teeth but I'm not sure.  I gave her some solids and she went to town on those.  She had carrots squished everywhere so I threw her in the sink for her first sink bath.

She loved it and splashed around the whole time.  She is a water baby for sure.  She doesn't want to go to bed tonight.  It's 9:42 and I have been trying to get her to sleep since 8.  She just cries and cries.  I'm hoping she finally will give up and we get to go to sleep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment