Tuesday, February 11, 2014

First night home and doctor appointment

Oh sweet Madison! She is such a mess already!!!  She always wants to suck on something!!  I was nursing like crazy and nothing was helping in between feeds!  It did however make me sore, cracked and bleeding! The thought of having to nurse her would bring me to tears! I was an emotional wreck!  My mom got there with Kenzie not long after we got home!  There is nothing better than watching her with Madison, or baby Mani as she calls her.
 Mom helped get me all taped up so I could take a shower!  I had to tape plastic over my incision to keep it dry! Well when I pulled the plastic off it was full of water, so that was a fail!  I blow dried it on cool until I thought it was dry and hopefully that will be ok.  Korie came down to visit and mom made my favorite dinner--weenies in tomato sauce with mashed potatoes!  Don't judge!  It's been my favorite for as long as I can remember!! It did not disappoint!!
I also made the conclusion that breastfeeding is not for me!  I wanted it to, and hoped we could, but a happy mom makes a happy baby!  Crying everytime I had to feed her was not beneficial to either of us! Not to mention it made it hard to enjoy her! Bebe gave her her first bottle before bed, and Scotty went to get some supplies to help dry up my milk!  
She did great!  We all got ready for bed and that's when the fun began!   She woke up at 11 to eat and wouldn't go back to sleep until almost 1:30.  Mom and I took turns bouncing her and rocking her!  We were back up around 3'ish doing the same thing and again at 5.  It was exhausting!  We got up and got Kenzie ready for school and us ready to go to her first doctors appointment!  
Big girl weighed 8 pounds 10 ounces ! (The first time we weighed her the camera didn't catch the weight so I went back to redo the picture but she had pooped and had a bottle by then. The  doctor said she is perfect !  She does have a sacral dimple!  It's in her booty crack and can lead to a lot of really scary things!  They look to see if the can see if it is closed, meaning has skin inside at the bottom and stops, if it is open and they don't see a bottom it needs to be ultra sounded to make sure it's nothing serious!  The pediatrician at the hospital said she could see the base and nothing to worry about! Our pediatrician is pretty sure she could and had a second opinion come look and she thought so too but we are going to sono it just to be sure!!  They already called to schedule and we go tomorrow afternoon!!  We ran a few errands on the way home and then came home to nap !  I hear Bebe in there snoring, I mean snoozing away!  I however am rocking a fussy baby!!  Who needs sleep anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment