Monday, February 10, 2014

Home sweet home

We got to come home today!!!!  Im so excited to be out of that hospital bed and in my own bed!  We had a rough night last night.  Miss Madison was up all night! She tricked us! Yesterday she did so well! She would nurse and then settle down and sleep for 2-4 hours, wake up and repeat!  Until bedtime!  She would nurse for 10 minutes, doze off so I would put her back to bed and then 10-15 minutes later she wanted more--ALL NIGHT LONG! It was exhausting, and painful!!  I think my emotions were at an all time high too because I was a basket case!  I cried about breastfeeding, I cried about missing Kenzie, I cried about everything! It was ridiculous!  On a serious note though, I don't know if breastfeeding is for me!  I'm not throwing in the towel yet and Scotty really wants me to give it a little bit longer! It's so painful and exhausting that I almost dread feeding my baby! (Just for the record--I would never not feed her, I just don't look forward to it) I don't want her to get frustrated with me or me with her, so we are going to take it day by day and see how we feel in a few days after being home!  
Her headbands were too big for her little head so she didn't get to wear a bow on the way out! She looked so precious though! I sat in the backseat with her! I wasn't sure if I would be able to get in and out of the car easily but it wasn't bad at all!  When we got home I got a different bow and headband on her.
I just love her! Mom is on the way with Kenzie and I am so excited that she is taking off work and staying with me all next week to get settled in!  She is the best!  

No comments:

Post a Comment