Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Good news

I feel much more rested today!  I got about 6 hours total of sleep last night, it was broken up, but sleep none the less!  We kept Kenzie home today from school and hung out in our jammie's all morning!  Scotty and I took Madi to get her sono of her spine and Kenzie stayed home with Bebe!  We took her to Children's hospital and she did great during the sono!  I kept asking the lady how it looked but she couldn't tell us anything! The doctor called later that afternoon and told us everything was NORMAL!!!  Praise The Lord! Her spinal cord is perfect and the dimple doesn't make a tract to her spine at all!!  We came home and Korie and Dallas came down to visit! Poor Kenzie has been so emotional the past two days! She had a rough time while they were here and maybe Dallas picked up on it, but those two competed for who could cry the most!!! And then they started playing together so sweetly as if they hadn't been just ripping toys away from each other! Gotta love 2 year olds!  Mom cooked hamburgers for dinner and a few of her friends from work came by to visit! 

Kenzie has been giving us a run for our money! She has been getting her feelings hurt so easily and will run to the other room and cry, and holler for the other parent that didn't just make her mad!  It's really sad, and frustrating, to watch! I can't help but feel bad for her!  Her whole world just changed and every part of our routine has been thrown off for the past week!  That is the one thing that Kenzie needs--schedule! I try my hardest to incorporate her with anything I do involving Madi!  I let her hold the bottle or pat her back when I burp her!  I'll ask her to get me stuff and she loves that! I did catch her sticking Madi's pacifier up her nose and had to take that away before she gave it to Madi--that was a breakdown! I'm hoping she will get into a new routine and things will settle down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment