Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Madison's 2 week check up

Madison had her check up today!!  She will be 2 weeks on Thursday but we had to go today while Scotty was off work and could drive me!

She's big and healthy!  She weighed 9 pounds 5.5 ounces which is in the 75-90%, her length is 20 1/2 inches which is in the 50-75% and her head is 14 1/4 inches which is in the 50-75%.  The doctor says she looks perfect.  I brought in 2 poopy diapers to check for blood and they were both positive.  Boo.  That means that she does have a milk protein allergy.  We will change her formula to one that has more broken down milk proteins and recheck her poop in 3-4 weeks unless I see visible blood.  If it's negative then we can stay on this formula.  If that diaper is positive then we have to switch to a prescription formula.  I'm hoping we don't have to go that route.  

At 2 weeks (almost) she is eating 3 ounces every 3-4 hours.  At night sometimes we sleep through my alarm and go about 5 hours.  The doctor said I don't have to set an alarm anymore since she is above her birth weight.  I can't wait to see how she does tonight.  During the day she has started staying awake after her bottles for about 30 minutes to an hour just depending on what we are doing.  If we are in the car she will sleep the whole time.  At night I have trouble getting her to back to sleep after her bottle.  She will push her pacifier out of her mouth and then get fussy until I push it back in.  This happens about 20 times until she finally falls asleep.  A few times I have brought her in bed with me and snuggled her and she goes right back to sleep.  It is so much easier to do it that way but I don't want to start a habit out of that.  She is such a sweet baby and isn't very fussy at all.  I love all the little faces that she makes.  We are so blessed to have this sweet baby.  We are all so in love with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment